Welcome to Bepa's Garden!
This blog is about organic gardening, healthy eating and healthy living.
Each month I will be posting Garden To-Do Lists, Tips & Techniques, Garden Project Plans, Photos from the Garden, Recipes and Book Reviews.
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope I can inspire others to start a backyard garden!
Happy Gardening!
~Rob~

Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Photo Friday: Taking the time to really look at things.



While looking through some old photos I came across this picture of me taken at my grandparents house when I was little. I have seen this picture many times before and have always just set it aside thinking it was just another old blurry photo of my childhood.

The photo sat on my desk, and as I worked and I kept glancing over at it remembering how much fun I used to have playing at my grandparents homestead, picking apples and pears off the trees, eating juicy raspberries from their raspberry patch and helping my grandfather in his greenhouse. Every time I looked at this picture I would always focused on me, never really taking the tome to look at the entire photo. This time as I stared at the picture my eyes started wandering, first noticing the wheelbarrow in the background and then the garage with his greenhouse attached behind that ... and then ...my grandfather standing in the corner! I never realized that I was looking at him in the picture as he was pulling down a branch!

I have had this picture for twenty something years and have never noticed him standing there before. Suddenly this out of focus picture of me that I hadn't really cared much about before became a precious reminder of the time I spent with my grandfather!

I recently did an interview with Gretchen from The Backyard Farming Connection for her Homestead Highlight section of her blog. I was a little hesitant at first because I thought it would be difficult to find enough to talk about, but once I got started it all just started pouring out and the memories of why I am so passionate about backyard farming came flooding back. As I said in the piece, my grandfather is a very important part of who I am today and one of the reasons why I am on the path that I am on.

Take the time to really look at things, you just may notice something important!

~Rob~

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I didn't see your grandfather there either until you pointed him out. I bet that discovery was thrilling. Such a special photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised! I may have to have this photo restored as well and hung on the wall with the other picture! Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Rob

      Delete
  2. My grandpa was the only relative I can remember gardening...it skipped my parents and only two out of five of us garden. I love the expression on his face...you can see how much he loved you! Thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete