Vegan sushi is a favorite in our house. It is very easy to make and is delicious served alone or with the toasted sesame oil dipping sauce. Our girls love this sushi so much they gather in the kitchen to eat the end cuts every time we make it!
2 cups sushi rice
3 cups water
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp. brown rice syrup
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg Sushi Nori Sheets
*or any other vegetable you like, we have even added marinated tofu.
*Optional dipping sauce:
1/4 cup Nama Shoyu2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. agave syrup
2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
-mix all ingredients together in a glass mixing bowl.
- Cook sushi rice and water in a rice cooker or by following the directions on package.
- In sauce pan, heat seasoned rice vinegar, brown rice syrup and salt until syrup is melted.
- Mix vinegar mixture with cooked sushi rice and "paddle" until cool.
- Spread some sushi rice mixture on a nori sheet.
- Add sliced peppers, carrots and avocado.
- Roll up Nori sheet tightly, sealing edge with a little water.
- Slice into 3/4" slices and serve!