Welcome to Bepa's Garden!
This blog is about organic gardening, healthy eating and healthy living.
Each month I will be posting Garden To-Do Lists, Tips & Techniques, Garden Project Plans, Photos from the Garden, Recipes and Book Reviews.
I hope you enjoy reading and I hope I can inspire others to start a backyard garden!
Happy Gardening!
~Rob~

Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Product Review: Light Footsteps Salves



I love hand-made, all-natural and earth friendly products and prefer to use them over chemical based ones. I also believe in supporting small businesses so I have decided to do a "Product Review" post whenever I come across a product that I believe is "really good"!

The first product I would like to review is White Pine Oil Salve and St. John's Wort & Comfrey Salve made by Christine of Light Footsteps

I purchased some salves from Christine's ETSY store as Christmas gifts for my wife and daughters. They are all big chap stick users, but don't like the sticky feeling commercial products leave on their lips, so I thought this would make a nice gift. I purchased the St. John's Wort & Comfrey Salves and they absolutely loved them! 

This particular salve is made with "Olive Oil infused with St. John's Wort and Comfrey, Beeswax and Vitamin E and aids in the healing of cuts, scrapes and chapped skin or lips". It comes in a very nice 1 oz. tin and is easy to apply. The salve doesn't leave a greasy feeling like other products and really moistens and heals chapped lips and dry skin. My family loves this product so much that I had to order more so they could each have their own tin to carry with them. I also loved it so I ordered the Whit Pine Oil Salve for myself. I use it whenever I come in from chopping firewood and it works extremely well soothing and relieving my chapped hands. I prefer the Whit Pine Oil because it has more of a masculine scent.

I love this product for several reasons. It is made with all natural ingredients, it is made by someone who cares about green living and has a passion for saving the planet (check out Christine's blog), and it works so much better than the commercial products!

I highly recommend Light Footsteps Salves. 
They are awesome, healthy products and would make great gifts!


I have created a "Really Good Things" page on my website where I will be listing hand-made, all-natural and earth friendly products with links to their websites. If you are a home-based or small business and have a handmade product that falls into this category, feel free to contact me about being included in the listings!

~Rob~

Shared at: 

The backyard farming Connection

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have been using Burt's Bees version of a comfrey lip balm and when that tin is done will make my own. It's wonderful how people are making great natural products. The natural lip balms are WAY better than any chapstick version too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'll have to check out her Etsy site. I love her blog! I like that the salve doesn't leave a greasy feeling - that is often my complaint with salves or balms so it's good to know these aren't greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful review! Thanks again for doing this, Rob! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the salve is an awesome chapstick! It's soothing instead of the chemical sting from other chapsticks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for natural products that really work so thanks for the write up! I'll check out her site. :o)

    ReplyDelete